marvel (part 2) | text posts
Beth ~ 15 ~ Liverpool ~ You can talk to me if you want ~ You can probably guess what my main fandom is ~ Message me if you want a URL (go onto map)~ Spoilers Sweetie
"I’m such a baseball guy over everything else. Even when they’re not playing for the six months out of the year, it’s all I pay attention to and it’s all I care about. My Mets are insanely precious to me. I watch every single game. Even if I get home at 2 AM, I will put on the game. It’s crazy."
GO WATCH THIS SHOW, HONESTLY IT IS SO AMAZING.
IF THIS POST CREATES 1 NEW PUSHING DAISIES FAN MY LIFE = MADE.
Alright let me help out then:
1) Most of the cast is female. In fact only two main characters are male.
2) Both male characters take typically non-masculine hobbies. Emerson Cod knits almost non-stop and makes pop-up books. Ned is literally called “The Pie-Maker” because he bakes homestyle pies from his mother’s method. Both are shown to be very nurturing and even maternal characters. Conversely, the women? A pair of professional travelling show performers that have gritty sexual scandals the way men usually get (see the entire “Chuck’s father” storylines), a beekeeper who is the single most positive and optimistic character imaginable, and a former professional jockey- Three of four pro athletes.
3) You could very easily make the claim Ned is asexual.
4) Yes, the storyline is about romance. But it’s also about the positive side of a love story, and their only drama lies in overcoming their inability to actually share contact.
5) A very good friend of mine recommended this show to me as “Disney for adults.” I told her it was already on my list to watch because “It’s by Bryan Fuller, from Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me.” Bryan Fuller is now most known for “Hannibal.” The same camera methods and bright colours and lighting techniques Hannibal is known for? Perfected in this show, just using a different tone- The same colour methods in reverse, upping the vivid greens and yellows instead of reds and blues, which sells emotion both ways.
7) Probably one of the best examples of a modern day fairy tale possible.
8) Narrated by Jim Dale- The narrator for the HP audio books.
I don’t know if anyone’s already added links to this, but all of these here work and if you hover over the links, an episode description shows :)
May I just say, before I saw this gifset explaining the show, I just thought that PD was about a really adorable germ-a-phobe.
Pushing Daisies is one of my all time favourite shows. Gutted it only had two season but those two seasons are PHENOMENAL!
Natalie Dormer attends the “W.E.” premiere at the Palazzo Del Cinema during the 68th Venice Film Festival on September 1, 2011
Lesbian characters wearing maroon jackets with black leather sleeves.
Shit is this the new uniform??
ATTENTION ALL LESBIAN PERSONELL! New uniform regulations are in place as of August 14! SIGNAL BOOST!
it’s a revolution
Have you ever noticed the ‘Love is an Open Door’ battle on YT where people sing the song from frozen??
but these guys where lip syncing so ppl got pissed and then
but it gets better
Chris Evans behind the scenes of Captain America: The First Avenger
He had to kneel on a box, my life is made
Disney’s tribute to Robin Williams at the end of Aladdin.
That’s… actually really beautiful. Well done, Disney.
I actually watched Aladdin on Disney Channel a few days ago and not only did they show this image at the end of the film but they showed the entire movie completely commercial free. That’s how much they appreciated him.
Well done Disney, well done.
Now that’s some grade A respect from Disney right there.
so how about a movie starring Chris Evans, Chris Pine, Chris Hemsworth, and Chris Pratt directed by Christopher Nolan naturally titled The Crisis
Coming out this Christmas
Why do you put your self esteem in the hands of complete strangers?
-Helena Bonham Carter
"the ice bucket challenge is stupid and it’s not really raising any money or awareness"